Sunday, November 9, 2008

bee dream

so i'm in the backseat of a nondescript car with my friend phillip in the passenger seat and another person i don't know in the drivers seat.
we are laughing, chatting, just having a completely normal conversation in the parked car in the parking lot with the windows down. then, two bees fly in. at first i thought, hrm, they look abnormally small, but just as i'm thinking that the bees swell in size as if offended by my thought.
they fly around and i am nearly paralyzed with fear as i am allergic to bees. i relax a bit when one leaves.
suddenly, there is a pillow in my lap and i'm trying to swat out the remaining one as gently as possible. it lands on the door and crawls across the small gap where the window is, i quickly raise the window.
then, i call to phillip several times to raise his window, but there is no response, so in hysterics i grab his shoulder very tightly and shake him and keep repeating my request. he begins to raise the window, but the bee has found its way back in.
*at this point i became conscious that i was dreaming, but i was still alseep*
so the bee flys straight to me and lands on my mouth. i can feel its little bee legs and feelers, very light and yet crushingly heavy...i was completely petrified, not breathing, a mixture of fear and trying to control myself so i could somehow get the bee outside and hopefully it would fly away.
*i woke up at this point. don't know how long i was still for in my dream. it was totally freaky. i swear i could feel the insignificant weight of the bee on my lips*

No comments: